Data & Applied Scientist Manager in Redmond, WA
|Title||Data & Applied Scientist Manager|
|Job Role||People Manager|
|Date Added||September 11, 2018|
Do you want to be on the leading edge of using big data and help drive development decisions for the biggest productivity software in the planet? Office Experience Organization (office core apps like Word, Excel PowerPoint and more) has embarked on a mission to delight our customers by using data informed engineering to develop compelling products and services. The Growth team in OXO is looking for an experienced person with a passion for leading a strong team of data scientists to develop, evaluate and operationalize new models to enable subscription growth and aid product development.
The Lead and his team would leverage telemetry and experimentation to build metrics and user experience models; develop best in class monitoring and alerting methods to detect anomalies in product quality and partner with wide range of engineers, program managers and researchers to deliver solutions that help turn the overall business metrics. Ideal candidates should be able to own one or more areas of opportunities and identify business or engineering problems, dig out sources of data, conduct the analysis that would reveal useful insights and eventually help engineering teams to operationalize the solution.
- At least 8 years of leading and project managing data science projects.
- At least 5 years of managing and growing data scientists.
- Expert in one or more statistical software like R, SAS or Statistica etc.
- Expert in one or more scripting languages like Scope, Perl, Python or SQL
- Solid foundation of statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms and experimental design
- Deep understanding of big data systems including map reduce technologies like Hadoop and Spark
- B.S. and/or M.S. (Ph.D. Preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research or similar quantitative field
- 10 years plus experience of applying statistical modeling, ML and data mining algorithms to real world problems.
View this job on the Microsoft website.